August 23 is Proclaimed as C. David Stone Day in Pickens County
Today, Wednesday, August 23, 2023, the Pickens County Sheriff's Office was honored to host the dedication ceremony of the C. David Stone Law Enforcement Center held at the Pickens County Sheriff's Office Advanced Training Center.
County Council passed a resolution proclaiming August 23 as C. David Stone Day in Pickens County in recognition of Sheriff Stone's 44 years as Sheriff. Sheriff Stone held the position of Sheriff from January 1, 1969, until December 31, 2012.
On behalf of the Pickens County Sheriff's Office, thank you, Sheriff Stone, for ensuring that the Pickens County Sheriff's Office remains at the forefront of law enforcement and for meticulously shaping and molding our department that stands as a beacon of ability, integrity, and diligence.
A special thanks to the following individuals for participating in today's ceremony:
• Opening: Pickens County Council Vice Chairman Roy Costner.
• Pledge of Allegiance: Henry Chapman (Sheriff Stone's Grandson).
• Invocation / Prayer of Dedication: Dr. Daniel Heeringa - Pastor of Pickens First Baptist Church.
• Chief Deputy Chuck James (Pickens County Sheriff's Office).
• Susan Stone Chapman (Sheriff Stone's Daughter).
• Sophie Eicht (Sheriff Stone's Granddaughter).
• Captain Carl Hudson (Pickens County Sheriff's Office, Retired).