Pickens County Detention Center
The Pickens County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for those interested in employment as a Detention Officer.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications in order to be eligible for consideration for the Detention Officer position:
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a United States citizen
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid South Carolina Driver’s License
- Clear FBI/SLED background check
- Must be able to successfully complete the hiring process to include interviews, drug test, and psychological evaluation
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts.
Selected applicants that are extended an offer for employment as a Detention Officer can expect to attend a three-week training program at the SC Criminal Justice Academy for Class 2 certification within their first year of employment.
New hires with no prior experience currently receive a starting salary of $41,282. Based on experience and certification, starting pay varies between $41,282 - $45,393.
- Salary: $41,282 - $45,393 (Based on Experience)
- Police Retirement System
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Equipment Provided
- Paid Training
- Fitness Center
You may apply now or in person at 216 C. David Stone Road. Pickens, SC. 29671. For additional information, contact Lt. Kevin Durham of the Judicial Services Division at 864-898-1436.
The Pickens County Sheriff's Office is an equal opportunity provider and employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, or age, either in employment or the delivery of services.